(Established – 1988 )
Director – Prof. Divya Bagchi E- mail -
Women’s study and research centre in the university system has been functioning for the last three decades. They have succeeded in playing an interventionist role by initiating gender perspective in several areas. University Grants Commission has taken a broader view of the women’s studies constituency by supporting university, women’s studies centre and facilitating them to network with constituents involved in similar work. The UGC has been funding 22 centers in the university and 11 cells in colleges under scheme since 1986. The budget allocation for these centers has risen from 50 lakhs to Rs. 2.15 crores.
The Primary Role - The primary role of the centre located in the university system can be defined basically as knowledge assimilation and knowledge transmission through teaching, research, field action and documentation. They fulfill several related and complimentary roles for the academic community as well as for activists, policy makers and policy implementers. The strengthening of their capability to perform these roles has to take place in many directions including –
1. Teaching and training
4. Dissemination (Library, documentation and publication )
Advisory board -
- Vice Chancellor – Chairman
- Director – Secretary
- Prof. Chhaya Rai – Philosophy Dept.
- Shri Dinesh Singh, Member of University Executive Council
- Smt. Joon Choudhary, Former M.L.A.
- Prof. Sheela Shukla – Ex Director, Women’s study centre
- Prof. Rajendra Trivedi – Chairman, F.P.A,
- Mrs. Urvashi Barat – HOD, English Dept, R.D.V.V.
- Mrs. Geeta Sharat Tiwari – A.I.W.C
- Mrs. Sushila Gupta – w/o Hon. Justice R. K. Gupta
- Dr. Nisha Tiwari – Principle,
, Mankunwar Bai College . Jabalpur
- Dr. Radha Rani Sharma, Dean, Faculty of Home Science, Govt. M.H. Home Science College, Jabalpur
- Finance officer, R.D.V.V,
- Deputy Registrar – Development, R.D.V.V,
position – 5 lakhs allocated
by U.G.C. in the 10th plan
Funding position – 5 lakhs allocated by U.G.C. in the 10th plan
Library – We have 600 books along with video cassettes, CDs , posters and maps